Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

A ROSE IS A ROSE

I don't know what this one is called, but it's fragrance is intoxicating. A combination of essence of rose mixed with fruity fragrances, and undertones of English Violets. You can smell it from several yards away.
It is fantastic!
This delightful pink rose came from a start I got from a very old German woman, Martha, who is near 100 years old now. She didn't know anything about the rose except that it has lots of flowers. One year there was a picture of her in our newspaper, standing beside her rose, which had over 60 blossoms on one stem which she had propped up with branches that had broken off one of her her trees.This little beauty is another I started from a single rose. I have no idea what it's name is, but as it ages it turns from this lovely golden shade to a deep pink, then a brilliant red. Not as fragrant as the orange but so gorgeous to look at!
I hope you enjoy seeing my flowers as much as I enjoy posting them.
Posted by Picasa