Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Monday, July 31, 2006

NEVER GIVE UP

I bought this Azalea last summer, but didn't get it planted. It sat beside the house with a three others through the long cold winter and this spring. When I remembered them, the others were still green, but all of the leaves on this one had turned brown and the branches were dry and brittle like dead wood.

I brought them all to my back deck which has a northern exposure, and began watering and fertilizing them. The three survivors thrived and are ready to be planted in the garden. But this one just stayed dead looking and I was sure it was lost. But hoping there was still a spark of life in the roots, I continued to care for it.

Then one day a few weeks ago, I looked at it through very guilty eyes, and prayed, "Lord, this is your creation, and you gave it life once. Please revive it.
That was all, and I actually didn't expect anything. After all, it was dead.
I think I prayed as a last resort before tossing it.

Today as I was watering them, I had to look several times to believe my eyes. The dead, dried up branches are growing lush green leaves. This plant is alive.

Now I am thinking of the times I thought a situation was hopeless, stopped praying, and just gave up.
With God, nothing is impossible.
I believe in miracles!

 Posted by Picasa