Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

MY FLOWERS

My mother gave me this Tree Peony many years ago when it was about eighteen inches tall. Now it is about seven foot tall and the blossoms are at least nine inches in diameter.
About three years ago my daughter Patty-Jo, dug out an ancient lilac bush from her yard. She gets a little ruthless at times. This lilac happens to be one of the heirloom plants. Probably like the ones your grandma and great grandma had in their yards, and not like the hybridized versions sold now. I brought home a piece but the roots had been severly cut back. I planted it in faith and this year it bloomed. The fragrance is intoxicating! What can I say? I believe God loves tulips. Especially those with the sun shining on them, or with glistening rain drops clinging to the smooth satin petals, or dancing in the wind, or bravely looking a storm straight in the face as the thunder roars and lightning illuminates it's petals.
Yep, we'll take em' any old way!
Posted by Picasa