Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

This is the rather insignificant blossom of the Wallflower. I remember the orange and yellow shades from many years ago, when my grandma had them growing in her yard. There are several other colors now, but the old fashioned ones smell best. I think they hybridized the fragrance right out of the newer ones.
A few years ago I planted a few packages of seed along the front of my house, knowing that when they bloomed it would be very fragrant out there, and my visitors could enjoy them. They re-seed easily so just keep on growing as long as I let them.

They are beginning to bloom now and today the sun was warm on them. When I went out to my car I was absolutely enveloped in their lovely fragrance.
Posted by Picasa