Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Friday, February 24, 2006

OLD MAN WINTERS LAST CALL

As I drove across town for an appointment today, the sun was shining beautifully from a sparkling blue sky, painted with fluffy whipped cream clouds. The flowering plums are in full bloom, and purple and orange crocus are poking their happy little heads up all over the place. It really looked like Spring had Sprung!

As I neared my destination, white flakes began falling from the sky. I first thought there must be something burning and white ash was blowing around.
When I saw it turn to tiny slush puddles on my windshield, I couldn't help smiling.
Old man winter just can't give up.
There wasn't enough snow to make a difference. It was actually rather pretty.
Old man winter made his last call, and he didn't scare me one bit. I'm doing Spring!!

Well actually, come to think of it, some of our nastiest snow storms have come in March.
I won't get the seeds out just yet.