Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006


BETSY
BigWhiteHat has a sweet post up about his son and a camera, which brought back a memory of my first camera.
I was 10 and my folks gave me one with a roll of black & white film, for Christmas. There was no flash attachment so we had to take pictures outside when there was enough light. Color film had just come out but was not perfected and more expensive than the other.
Mom also crocheted a pink bonnet and a red sweater for my beloved doll, Betsy, and sat her under our Christmas tree. I was absolutely thrilled.

After they showed me how to use the camera, I took Betsy to the back yard, sat her on her blanket and took my very first picture. It is a bit worn after 57 years of reminiscing, but I still feel the awe I felt then.
The rest of that roll of film was used at my Grandma's farm where I took pictures of grandma's critters.

I don't remember the name of my first camera, but I will always remember the thrill of being able to capture a moment of my life to keep for always.
I have had several cameras over the years, and have taken thousands of pictures. I am in the process now, of running many of those pictures through Photoshop Elements to clean them up and make any repairs, then I hope to put them all on CD's for my family.

when your children are raised and are grandparents themselves, and your life becomes quiet, there is no better way to spend a day than to sit with a fresh cup of tea and shuffle through your photos.

Now recharge your batteries and go take some pictures. Someday you will be so glad you did.
 Posted by Picasa