Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

THE OLD WITCH!

On halloween night, I opened my door to four trick-Or-Treaters, dressed as a skeleton, a pumpkin, a vampire and something totally unidentifiable. They varied in age from 8-10 years old. One, I recognized as a neighbor, through the layers of face paint.

There are no street lights at my end of the road and the night was black as coal. I could barely see the silhouetted heads of their mothers moving in the street in front of my house as they patiently stood waiting in the drizzling rain.
I dropped fistfulls of sugary treats into their bags, smiling at the little boy voice saying 'thank-you' from the mouth of a long fanged vampire.

Then just as these four brave young men turned to leave, there was a teriffic flash of lightning, and an immediate roar of thunder which caused my front deck to shake violently with the vibration.
It truly sounded as if the wrath of Almighty God had come to visit.
Ordinarily I would have felt sorry for the boys, but when I saw them run in four directions as fast as their legs could carry them. I couldn't control my laughter.

Now when I look back on that situation, I realize these little boys were out in the pitch dark, on the most spooky night of the year. And when they go to the old woman's house, there is thunder and lightning and then she laughs wickedly. I am quite certain they believe I am a horrid witch and I doubt they will come next year.
Am I sad?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't stop laughing!