Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I started painting this mountain picture during my mother’s struggle with Alzheimer’s.
I had left the painting out for several weeks, to finish but was not able to see more than the mountain.
Then the horrible phone call came and within a few days mom was gone.
I put the painting away then, but pulled it out many times over the past four years planning to ‘finish’ it, but I was never able to. I couldn’t even pick up a brush.

It has been four years, four months and 26 days since mother passed away.
As I talked with my daughter Patty-Jo tonight, she suggested there might be a connection between the painting and Mom’s death. As we talked, I realized it was true and that I had painted the mountain I was facing during mom’s illness. I couldn’t finish because there was nothing more to paint. Just a barren mountain with nothing in front or behind it. Many hillocks and valleys but basically a huge mountain range.
Maybe now I can see past the mountain.