Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

THE STAG

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
As I was looking out my kitchen window a few days ago, I noticed a doe walking down the trail between my neighbor's and my yard.
When I looked back to the trail head, there, perfectly framed by the shrubbery on either side and was a stag, large mahogany antler's glistening in the morning dew.

He stood perfectly still except for his huge ears, which he twitched from side to side, listening for any sign of danger. Then slowly he followed his doe. I ran for my camera and was only able to get a few shots before they were gone.

Deer are beautiful creatures, but during their breeding season, which is now, the buck is not the most friendly critter. He is extremely posessive of his harem, and has been known to attack humans, causing severe injury. I don't get very close this time of year.
Just take a good look at the warning in this guy's eye!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com