Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

MINUTEMEN

Here in Whatcom county, a group of men and women, who call themselves Minutemen, have taken it upon themselves to stand guard at our border crossings. This morning's news remarked that Pres. Bush called them Vigilantes.
Yup, I guess thats what they are all right.
Whatcom County Authorities said it is ok for the Minutemen-Vigilantes to be there and guard our borders as long as they don't break the law.
Yes, they carry weapons. I would too if I was trying to keep terrorists from invading my town which is only about 30 minutes from the Canadian border. Obviously paint ball guns and pea shooters don't work in this sort of situation.

How do I feel about this? Well, actually I feel safer. It is obvious that our border patrols cannot do it for lack of employees, etc, so if the citizens of my town take it upon themselves to protect me, I say more power to them. I see them as an addition to our Troops in Iraq. Unfortunately they don't get paid for this service, which brings to mind another situation I have been bothered about.

If the Gov. can spend Billions of the taxpayers money to sent yet another ship to the moon, for God only knows what reason, (pride? look what we can do? whatever) It seems they could spend more to beef up our border patrols to keep out the damned terrorists, especially since we are sending thousands of our precious men and women to Iraq to fight the wicked jackasses. "What about our own back yard?"
There used to be a saying about cleaning up your own back porch before you complain about someone elses.
Don't get me wrong. I believe in what we are doing in Iraq. I simply want the same interest shown at our US borders.