Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

FILL ER UP

My son called me last night to remind me to fill my car up before gas prices get any higher. So before breakfast I drove to my neighborhood station, expecting a huge line of cars. I was surprised to find several empty pumps.
I filled my lawn mower gas can and topped off my car tank, which was three quarters full, for under $20. Gas prices here are at $2.77 a Gallon.
I realize prices are much higher in other areas, some are paying over $5. a gallon! I'm thankful it isn't worse here.
You have to remember that we seniors come from a time when gas was 4 gallons for a buck, so paying $2.77 a gallon now is horrifying!

I can't end this post without mention of the many families who have been devastated by Katrina. Please remember them in your prayers, as you would want them to do for you.