Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Monday, August 08, 2005

A WINTER'S TALE (part 2)

A WINTER’S TALE (PART 2)

As I lay with my face in the crisp snow my fear had reached its greatest proportion. A stillness came over me. The calm, uncaring of an insane person had entered my being. Then I felt a new emotion infiltrating, pushing aside the fear. It arose with an incredibly powerful strength, causing my body to tremble with unexpected energy. Each second it grew more powerful until I could no longer lie there in defeat, giving in to that awful thing.

I became furious. My anger had now reached the height of my fear and overshadowed it, blotting it out until there was no longer a trace. My face burned hot as I raised myself to my knees, then to my feet, my entire attitude now changed into ‘”come on and show yourself! I’m going to rip you to pieces!” My eyes slowly searched for my unseen tormentor. Whatever it had planned for me was not a concern now. I only wanted revenge for the torture it had put me through.

My quickened, hot breath shot from my flared nostrils, leaving a mist around me, as I slowly, but deliberately crept toward a stand of trees. It was there. I could feel it watching me. I wanted to look this evil thing in the face, to scream my anger at it then slash it with my fingernails. My anger desperately needed release.

Suddenly from a high branch, a large pile of snow broke loose and knocked me flat to the snowy ground. My heart nearly leapt out of my breast, and my anger fled just as fast as it had come. As I sat brushing the snow away, I began to laugh hysterically. Even to myself I sounded like a crazy woman. Alone in the forest tears ran down my face and my laughter echoed through the frosty glens. My emotional dam had burst. I was lost in a world of temporary insanity. It was funny, It was fun. There was no fear, no anger, no problem whatever. I was like a little girl again without a worry.
I was like an insane woman who didn’t know how to worry. My brain had totally tweaked out.

As I rocked with laughter, I saw a shadowy movement about fifteen feet away between two thick tree trunks. My laughter stopped and my senses returned, heightened by the roller coaster they had been on.
Suddenly it was before me. It scampered from behind a mossy tree, ears and tail lifted high, as it ran furiously through the trees and away from me.

That darn cat follow me everywhere I go!

end