Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

what is a billion?

I'm not sure if this is accurate. I didn't do the math.
I didn't find it on Snopes.
And no, I do not believe I came from an ape!

Get Your mind around this one!!!
The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion" casually think about whether you want the politician spending your money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into perspective in one of it's releases.

A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
A billion minuted ago, Jesus was alive.
A billion hours ago, our ancestors were living in the stone age.
A billion days ago no one walked on two feet on earth.
A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate the government spends it.