Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

TEACH ME MY LORD

Late yesterday evening when it had cooled off I drove to the Food Pavilion to pick up a few things. The air conditioning inside the store made me linger longer than necessary. When I left, I did something to my foot and it hurt to step on it, so I was slightly limping as I walked to my car.

There was a large SUV parked next to my car, and in the passenger side was a young woman, very thin, biker chick type that looked as tough as overcooked taffy.
My observation led me to an instant opinion.
Druggie, promiscuous, disrespectful, slutty, probably has obscene piercings and tatoos, and hates her parents, all authortiy and older people.

When I opened my car door to load my groceries, this young woman slid over into the driver seat, and through the window asks, "do you need help?"
I told her I didn't and thanked her for asking.
Her eyes were filled with sincere compassion, and I immediately felt like a worm.

She will never know how sorry I am for having such rude and un-Christian thoughts about her. But our Heavenly Father knows. I have been doing some serious repenting. The kind that makes your heart ache and brings tears to your eyes over and over again.

"FATHER help me to look past what my eyes alone can see, and help me to see with your eyes and love with your heart. Things are not always as they appear for there is good in everyone and only you can see the heart"