Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Saturated fats!

In an effort to lower my cholesterol and prayerfully loose some weight, I picked up a container of "NEW IMPROVED PROMISE LITE MARGERINE: Trusting that the makers of this product know what they are doing. I did not read the ingredients but I did read the nutrition facts and was impressed.
This morning as I was buttering my toast I read the ingredient panel and was disgusted to learn that this margerine contains four types of oil, two of which are Palm oil, which is 49% saturated and palm kernel oil, which is 81 % saturated. These are considered vegetable oils, so don't be fooled. A product listing ingredients can just say 'vegetable oils' and you may be getting one of these, or coconut oil wich is more saturated than the palm oils. I want to know how they can use such highly saturated oils in our food and call it healthy?

On top of the saturated oils, margerines have several ingredients I never heard of, and can't even pronounce.
They say that Hydrochloride is Vitamin B6, and Cyanocobalamin is vitamin B12. Why don't they just say Vitamins B-6 and B-12? Are these some kind of synthetic or chemical vitamin substitute that our body can't assimilate?
It bothers me to be ingesting things when I don't know what they are.
So I will have my toast dry in the future.

I am more convinced than ever that the safest way to stay healthy is to eat veggies, fruit and grain.
Is chocolate a vegetable or grain?