Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

And God Created The Flowers

He who is born with a silver spoon in his mouth is generally considered a fortunate person, but his good fortune is small compared to that of the happy mortal who enters this world with a passion for flowers in his soul. ~ Celia Thaxter

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I took this photo of a Columbine flower with the bright sky behind, so it plainly shows the the veins in the blossom petals.
I know the leaves of a plant produce organic substances like sugars, from carbon dioxide and water with light on the chlorophyll in green plant cells. This process is called photosynthesis. I assume the veins in the flower petals carry nutrients to the blossom, to keep it beautiful and fragrant so it will attract pollinators. And I am guessing the blossom also protects the reproductive part of the blossom .
Anyone knowing more about this, please tell.

When I consider the intricasy of a flower blossom and all the reproductive parts which are finely tuned to do their part at precisely the right time to enable seed production I am always amazed.
When I remember that some believe this happened because of a 'big bang' I am even more amazed.
I have called our creator by several honorable names, but 'Big-Bang' is a new one to me.
Well, whichever name we choose to call him, Almighty God, creator of heaven and earth has my vote every time!
Now go smell a flower and let your spirit soak in the beauty of God's creation.