Holy Tornado

To see the soul of your comrade listen carefully to his music.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Ricky Raccoon Came Calling

Mrs. Robin's nest is pulled apart, she and her three pretty blue eggs are gone.
Along the white rail of my deck are the unmistakable muddy footprints of a raccoon.
They used to hang around the back deck when I was feeding the birds, to eat the bird seed, but I have not seen them on the front deck. They must have been out hunting and smelled Mrs. Robin.
Some would say it is Survival of the fittest, or the chain of nature.
I say they will have to perform their nature chain elsewhere.
Tonight I will leave Ricky a nice cajun treat. Yep something he thinks is really yummy and it will be laced with Louisiana hot sauce, tabasco , cayenne pepper hot pepper flakes and what ever else I can think of that might discourage the overgrown rhodent from dining at my place again.
Did you know that raccoons stink? They have the same odor as a skunk, just not as strong. They will kill and eat your cats, puppies, chickens or what ever else they can get.
Do I feel compassion for this raccoon?
NOT!
At least not today.